Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Me and My fear

I have been doing the same thing everyday.
I go to work and back to work and in between,
i chatted along with friends.
I heard many stories,
I felt many things from the stories i heard.
And i told myselfi can be what i want to be.

I believe i can be anything i want to be
if i work hard enough at it, but that isn't true.
To achieve mastery in anything, you have to
have abundant talent, ambition and interest.
Most of us have some combination of talent,
ambition and interest in many things,
but in very few of these things,
do we ever achieve the holy blend of all three?
In the past, I used to have lots of interest and ambition.
Unfortunately,
I have been distracted and getting myself out of the path,
but i dont begrudge the fact that my meager talent for
drawing never seem to match my huge ambition and interest in it.

The only problem is could i let go the life i'm having now
and face a totally different one in the future?
Everytime i try to picture myself in even 5 years time,
it seems vague to me.
I have no idea if i have the courage to let go everything
that im indulge in to pursue something which does
not seem to be as promising as now.

I fear my fear will overcome my passion.

No comments: