As I age, I tend to forget what happens every year, even though it is something significantly important in my life. I only remember the event, but not the year. So I guess I should write it down somewhere. But where? - Here in my blog.
Year 2008 was a year full of changes. Let's see what were the changes.
Jan 2008 - I got an interview from a company in singapore - Aviationlearn. I thought this was a good first step for me to be exposed to international environment. After the interview, I was told to do a mini project to gauge my skills. I went back and did it.
Feb 2008 - Everything went well as i submitted my 'mini project', the company informed that my employment status to be updated after chinese new year. Soonkiat was going to leave to Singapore to be reunited with his girl friend. I was happy for him. We had a farewell lunch at PJ King Crab Restaurant. This was a 2 in 1 event, we also celebrated Jacky's Birthday and post CNY celebration - we had a gambling session at YH's.
March - May 2008 - No news from Aviationlearn and I continue hunting for other jobs. Many problems happened in the office - late salary issuance, half pay salary, unreasonable rules and regulations. I was also involved in designing Uniform for the company, going around looking for fabrics, patterns and design - this was an experient that I will never forget. March 08 marked the history of our political change. I did not do my part as a citizen, but I did help out in the election. It was a good experience.
June 2008 - Juliana resigned. I saluted her for her courage to resign before even gotten a new job. She probably needed a break. In June, my friends and I had a waterfall birthday party for OBK. The birthday cake was self-made. Very unique. During this month, I followed the series - "Tang xin feng bao" - an excellent drama!!
July 2008 - I got 91% for my mid year appraisal. and yes, good news is I will receive an 8% increment! However, I doubted the company's ability to pay our salaries. Ms Chong, my HOD- knowledge transfered Navision Systems, project management and all the operating procedures to me, as she announced her resignation. This was also a month full of expenses. I finally laid down some cash - to buy my flight ticket to Milan!!!!!!!!!
Aug 2008 - Ms Chong's last month with 1901. I continued to attend interviews and applying for many jobs - because of all the chaos and financial problems in the company. In mid of August, I attended an interview with Hong Leong Bank Berhad. During that period, I received news from Jue that Azman was getting married. The next day, we attended his wedding on 16th Aug 2008. It was a long journey to Penang.
Sept 2008 -A good news for me, my employment status with AviationLearn was confirmed! I received my offer letter and tendered my resignation. At last, I was ready to venture into a new metropolitan city. I was very excited! It was unbelievable that I waited for this offer for 9 months! The rest of the days I was busy settling my employment pass issues, go for medical checkups, looking for accommodation in Singapore as well as planning for my Europe trip. At the mean time, I was also down with depression.
Oct 2008 - I was busy posting notes about selling off my furniture. It was quite a relunctant decision as those furnitures followed me throughout the years. In mid of October, I began my europe trip. Details of the trip can be found at another blog. The first time in my life, I celebrated my birthday in the romantic city of Venice :) When we returned from the trip, news reported that Venice was flooded.
Nov 2008 - This was my last month in KL. I had a farewell dinner with my friends, farewell lunch with my colleagues. I didnt feel sad because I knew I would surely return to visit. I was also busy packing my stuff to move back home and then to relocate to Singapore. The pressure part was, days before my new job started, I even had to be in the office to interview some candidates for the new project. I had some uneasiness feeling for the new job. But I chose to ignore it, and I had not had the slightest idea that my nightmare had begun. Even though bee was back to Malaysia, we had to be seperated again.
Dec 2008 - First month for the new job! No project had started. But why was I so busy? Why did I have to work alone til late at night? Because I had to prepare for a project that no one knew when was the start date. I had to oversee a bunch of freelancers who had no idea what they were doing and neither did I. I missed home terribly. A working-late Christmas, A sick Christmas.
My 2008 Weekend reschedule
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment