Monday, August 22, 2005

My Convocation - Day 2

Today, I woke up rather late. It is usual for me to wake up late at home, because they bed is too soft, the pillows are too warm. I couldn't resist myself. When i got up, the breakfast is ready, oh..this will never happen to me back to the place where i work, cause i have got to do everything all by myself.

I forget what i did in the morning, in fact I planned to spend this day with my mother, who somehow, can be said single handedly raised me up. Unfortunately, in the afternoon.. I got a text message from my friend asking if I would join them to see the convocation of our ex groupmates back then in foundation year. Surprisingly, I said ok, and left all my plans behind. I thought, maybe just an hour or two would be fine.

After all the photo shooting, and brief conversations with them.. I was wondering, on that actual day of my convo, will they be coming, of cos the answer is no. because, by then all of them would be rushing home. The thought of it made me rather sad. It would be my last chance to see them. I was glad that i decided to come after all.

At 7 something, one of my friends said they do not know where to go as some of the people in the gang has already left, and they do not have any plans. Out of simpathy, I relunctantly promised them that I will bring them around. Thinking that I had to let go my plans with my mother, I feel rather disappointed, and I actually told her that I was so sure I will come back home for dinner. Sometimes, i mean all the time... things don't go the way you plan, why? For 22 years i live, i still have no answer to that. ha ha

Anyway, I told them that I do not want to drive.. yes, in fact i hate driving, i hate parking. I would do anything to avoid that... Haha what a selfish person i am... So, we went to another friend's house to get her car because there were only one car and we had 7 people with us. After waiting for my friend to clean up and dress up, we then headed to Peranakan Restaurant. Yeah, it was local food, the baba and nyonya delight. By the time we reach there, it was already 9 something. The people said the kitchen was closing. How could they treat us like that? Nevermind, we waited for them to check with the chef. Then, finally they let the 7 little hungry dwarfs to dine in :D.. But they gave us the bill before we finished our meals... bad service!

Later, we had a stroll at jonker street. I could tell that the entire street was flooded with MMU students... yes, Malacca is small... but this street is warm, it brings so many people from different parts of the world to a little town which used to be a huge empire. We met many of the old friends there, it can be said that this place brings a lot of strangers together as well as reunite the long lost friends.

We chatted, laughed from the front to the back of the street. We were crazy. Then, we got thirsty, we sat down at a small stall for desert! Yeah, it was great.
The night ended like that.

Will this be our final gathering? I hope not.... :(

No comments: